Adam, Meldrum & Anderson was Buffalo’s largest and most popular department store in 1975.
Locally owned and operated from 1867 to 1994, more than just a place to shop, it was a Buffalo institution.
Starting in the mid-1970s and lasting through the early 1980s, the store’s italicized green-lettered corporate logo was augmented with an ultra-modern swooshy AM&A’s, shown below in an ad from 40 years ago this week.
As can be faintly seen on the renderings of the store locations, the more conservative font remained on the store’s signage. The more modern look was seen in advertisements, shopping bags and shirt boxes, first in an electric green and blue, then in a more subdued dark blue and red.